Friday, October 21, 2005

Il voulait une histoire d'amour, elle voulait une histoire tout court

I come from the country of Joan of Arc
But I haven't burnt my wings yet
I'm not from around, just sitting on this bench
Waiting for the girl in Central Park

Well, New York's a big city but that's alright
I was kind of born small so no regret
I am out of focus, just sitting on this bench
Waiting for the girl in the Central Park

I'm the Central jerk in Central Park

I've already seen the surrounding suburbians
The countryside was not that bad too
But waiting for this girl is all I can do
Waiting for the girl in Central Park

Well I've been waiting for hours, it is now getting dark
But I sort of like, I sort of like the spot
Now I'm counting all the leaves trying to figure out the dots
Waiting for this girl in Central Park

I'm the Central jerk in Central Park